Middle School Athletic Activity Fee FAQ
- What is the purpose of the Athletic Activity Fee?
- The Athletic Activity Fee is used to provide funds to help
subsidize interscholastic athletic programs at the middle school level.
- How much is the fee?
- The one-time clinic fee is $35.00 per student and must be
paid before students participate. This fee permits the student to
participate in a sport-specific, skill-oriented clinic. At the end of
the clinic portion, a team will be selected from all participants. This
team will compete against other middle schools in the county. If the
student is chosen for the team, an additional non-refundable fee of
$30.00 will be required before the student may play interscholastic
- To whom does the student pay the fee?
The student must complete an Athletic Activity Fee form
online; it may also be picked up in the main office of the school. This
form must be completed and returned to the financial secretary in the
office along with a check for $35.00. Please do not send cash. An
additional fee of $15.00 will be assessed for all checks returned by our
bank for non-sufficient funds.
- Are physicals required to participate?
Yes. Physical examination forms can be obtained online
or in the main office of each school. A student must be examined and
certified to the Principal as being physically fit to participate as a
member of a school team as of April 1st. Such examination must be
performed by the family physician or another qualified physician and
will be good for 14 months from the date of exam. Other required forms
include: an HIV/AIDS form and a parent permission form.
- Are the eligibility standards the same for the clinic and the team tryout?
- Yes. A student must maintain a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale with no more than one failing grade.
- Are there discounts for families?
- Families with 3 or more middle school children participating will only be required to pay for 2 children.
- Must a student participate in the clinic in order to try out for the team?
- Yes. It is only fair that those students who particpate in the clinic be given the opportunity to be selected for the team.
- How will we know if our student is academically eligible at the beginning of the year?
- All students are eligible at the beginning of the year.
- Are there any special exemptions from payment of fees?
- Yes. If students qualify for the free or reduced lunch program, they are exempt from the fee.
- Does paying a fee ensure playing time each game?
- No. There are no guarantees regarding playing time. The decision is left entirely up to the discretion of the coach.
- Are refunds given?
- Refunds will be given for injuries only. If a student
quits or is removed for disciplinary reasons or ineligibility, no
refund will be given.